WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT
- Keep your insurance card and registration in an easy to find place
- Keep a first aid kit in your car Immediately
After an Accident:
- Take a deep breath and stay calm
- Check for injuries; call an ambulance when in doubt
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor
- If the accident is minor, move cars to a safe place, out of traffic
- Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights and use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
- Call Puma’s 24/7 - (516) 431-1431 - We will help! We offer towing 24/7, rental cars, and assisting in calling your insurance company.
Other Important Tips:
- Do not sign any document unless it’s for the police
- If the name on an auto registration is different than the drive, jot down the relationship (i.e mother, father, sister, brother, friend)
- Be polite, but don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault, even if you think it was. State only the facts.
- Full name and contact info
- Insurance company policy number
- Drivers license and license plate number
- Type, color, and model of vehicle
- Location of accident: